[yast-devel] BusyIndicator
  • From: Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:48:21 +0100
Hi Katarina, hi Martin,

could you proof read the BusyIndicator code, please?

The widget has some limitation because of the timer stuff:

- Only one BusyIndicator widget works at the same time because only one
signalhandler can listen to the alarm event. I decided to connect the
last created instance of the BusyIndicator what results that only one
BusyIndicator shows progress.

- The widget cannot work together with a UserInput widget because
UserInput blocks while waiting for keystrokes and the alarm signal is
not delivered. The result is that the BusyIndicator doesn't show
progress. There is a simple workaround: If a TimeoutUserInput widget is
used in a loop instead of a UserInput widget everything works fine.

Maybe there is a solution to avoid these limitations using threads. As
far as I know the ncurses-ui doesn't use threads right now.

Please let me know your opinion about the BusyIndicator widget and
whether there are any issues I can fix.

Thanks a lot.
Thomas