Re: [yast-devel] Re: better framework for module interaction?
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:16:07 +0100
Dňa Thursday 17 January 2008 13:12:45 Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett ste napísal:
On Thursday 17 January 2008 11:08:58 you wrote:
Yes, libzypp locking is still broken.

I am not sure if broken is the word.

In every piece of software, concurrency is a balance between granularity
and simplicity.

What introduced the big lock, was the design of having a ZYpp god global
object. But if we don't have it, people complain because API is too
complicated.

Agreed, too simplistic. We already found quite some cases where the current
locking is not granular enough and also that you cannot give up the lock.

Stano