Re: [yast-devel] Re: better framework for module interaction?
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:51:23 +0100
Dňa Wednesday 16 January 2008 17:59:00 Klaus Kaempf ste napísal:
* Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> [Jan 15. 2008 18:14]:
feature #302961: Integrated Software Management Application, which means
basically integrate the repository editor with the package management
application makes me think we are missing something in the YaST
framework which I saw recently in the Android platform.

Android separates each view in an activity. Each Activy chains with
others (to generate a workflow) by generating Intents, and Activities can
filter and respond to Intents too.
(http://code.google.com/android/intro/anatomy.html)

Sounds like 'event driven' -- something not very well established in YCP
:-(

I guess this should be solvable with YCP Modules and popup-style
workflows.

Or am I misunderstanding your request ?

Another possibility is to use dbus to get communicate across processes.

Stano