[yast-devel] Re: better framework for module interaction?
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:59:00 +0100
* Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> [Jan 15. 2008 18:14]:

feature #302961: Integrated Software Management Application, which means
basically integrate the repository editor with the package management
application makes me think we are missing something in the YaST framework
which I saw recently in the Android platform.

Android separates each view in an activity. Each Activy chains with others
generate a workflow) by generating Intents, and Activities can filter and
respond to Intents too. (http://code.google.com/android/intro/anatomy.html)

Sounds like 'event driven' -- something not very well established in YCP :-(

I guess this should be solvable with YCP Modules and popup-style
workflows.

Or am I misunderstanding your request ?

Klaus
---