Re: [yast-devel] yast2-ncurses has a status line :)
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:53:05 +0100
Ricardo Cruz <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I think it would be nice for Yast to have the syntax to describe the
various tools path. The YCP would declare some hooks to build the
various yast pages, then use Show(page_id).

Yes, something along these lines. In the "official" manuals (the
opensuse-manual_{en,XX} packages) often good background information is
available and there we also offer procedure descriptions, how you can
use a yast module to accomplish a task such as installing a software
package or partitioning a disk.

opensuse-manual_en (HTML falvior) is installed by default and most of
its sections are to be identified by IDs.

The long term goal should be to find a way to connect or link both the
SVNs; the yast SVN with the YCP source files and the documentation SVN
with the XML source files for the manuals. Keeping all this in sync
would probably be a challenge.

Then we probably could keep terse yast help text and add pointers from
there to the manuals (HTML flavior). In the manuals, the user will also
find sections labeled "For More Information" that usually consists of
links to external Web sites (x.org.org, opensuse.org, wikipedia.org,
etc.).

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation