[yast-devel] libyui throwing exceptions
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:21:35 +0100
Log:
- Fixed crash when running text-mode menu as
non-root user (new libyui throws an exception
if SelectionBox entry is nil)

Hi,

so I learn that the new libyui throws exceptions in certain cases
and some of them are not caught, causing yast to abort.

I understand that such cases are errors in libyui usage and fixing
the individual cases like this one is fine. Still, YaST should not
crash.

Shouldn't we revert to the old behavior of graceful degradation
where the YCP code gets nil and manages to recover? I suppose that
it can be done by one catch somewhere in the UI bindings.
(The log should say "libyui usage error, please report in bugzilla,
search for 'WidgetItemIsNilException' first")

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner