Re: [yast-devel] My first ycp dialog :)
  • From: Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 08:44:22 +0100
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 18:02 +0100, Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
On Thursday 03 January 2008 17:51, Bernhard Walle wrote:
Why should we encourage people to do that?

Because the release notes contain highly important information that
*everybody* should read before using the newly installed openSUSE!

I've only been installing SuSE Linux for 10+ years (so I can't really tell),
but I have yet to see the first of our release notes that don't blather about
a zillion utterly irrelevant things. Plus, when I am installing, I have a lot
of other things on my mind. Even if I would take about the stuff in the
release notes it would have to wait until I'd find time - which is when I
start using the system.

What about showing the release notes while packages are installed? At
this step of installation the user might be bored to watch the progress
bar and has a lot of time to read the release notes.

Thomas