Re: [yast-devel] My first ycp dialog :)
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:36:05 +0100
On Thursday 03 January 2008 13:16, Stephan Kulow wrote:
And no, most examples are NOT like this. Just insert one of those many
DVDs in your DVD player that have a language selection. You will see
little more than the languages in the first (interactive) screen.

Your wish is my command. So I picked up "Matrix", which is labelled outside
all in german and it starts with (yes, right - in english):

    Scene Selections
    Special Features
    Languages
[x] Play Movie

Hmm, ok. Maybe I had bad luck? So I picked "Being John Malkovich" - hmm,
even worse it starts right into the movie in english language and you have
to use the remote to switch to Audio 2/3 to get German.

Perhaps I only have the wrong DVDs? So I picked "A Knight's Tale" (you
might have figured by now - I don't buy too often DVDs :) and its menu is

 Film Starten [icon] (play movie)
              [icon] (extras)
              [icon] (scenes)
              [icon] (subtitles)
              [icon] (languages)

I don't think your example holds.

I was not referring to the language of the audio track, but to the user
interface language. I have a number of DVDs at home that let the user select
that, too. And they ALL only show a list of languages.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development