Re: [yast-devel] My first ycp dialog :)
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:16:22 +0100
Am Donnerstag 03 Januar 2008 schrieb Stefan Hundhammer:
On Thursday 03 January 2008 12:28, Stephan Kulow wrote:
If you look around, you'll find plenty of examples where this is done
like this. And if you think about it, the user's first choice in
installing is selecting "Installation" in a language he does not
understand.

And when you select another language in that combo box, the complete dialog
gets retranslated, redisplayed and re-layouted? This will be an enormous
amount of flickering.
That's what's happening in Ubuntu's python installer. Would be a pitty if
ycp would create much more flickering.

And no, most examples are NOT like this. Just insert one of those many DVDs
in your DVD player that have a language selection. You will see little more
than the languages in the first (interactive) screen.

Your wish is my command. So I picked up "Matrix", which is labelled outside
all in german and it starts with (yes, right - in english):

Scene Selections
Special Features
Languages
[x] Play Movie

Hmm, ok. Maybe I had bad luck? So I picked "Being John Malkovich" - hmm, even
worse it starts right into the movie in english language and you have to use
the remote to switch to Audio 2/3 to get German.

Perhaps I only have the wrong DVDs? So I picked "A Knight's Tale" (you might
have figured by now - I don't buy too often DVDs :) and its menu is

Film Starten [icon] (play movie)
[icon] (extras)
[icon] (scenes)
[icon] (subtitles)