Re: [yast-devel] My first ycp dialog :)
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:28:41 +0100
Am Mittwoch 02 Januar 2008 schrieb Stefan Hundhammer:
Realize something?

Our user has just been confronted with a lot of text in a language that is
very likely not his. Unless he speaks English, of course, but the purpose
of this dialog is to establish communication with the user -- making him
welcome AND letting him select the language.

Actually you most likely never installed from CD - the "welcome" page is
"Test your medium"

I'm very willing to accept the risk of people figuring they need to look for a
way to change the language - which is also the reason I put the combo box in
a centered position. Perhaps we can even pimp it up with some icon to make
it more obvious, perhaps we don't have to.

If you look around, you'll find plenty of examples where this is done like
this. And if you think about it, the user's first choice in installing is
selecting "Installation" in a language he does not understand.

Greetings, Stephan