[yast-devel] 11.0 Alpha Yast Installer Font
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:00:26 -0600
This should probably be mentioned over in Factory, but I thought I'd
come here straight to the source. :-)

I just downloaded the latest Alpha Boot CD to install on my test
machine. I see the new, and beautiful green Installer that Coolo
mentioned in a previous post.

Only problem I have, as a low-vision person, is that its a bit harder to
read. I'm not sure if the font size is the same as it was in the old
installer or if it is due to the new background contrast.

Also, I tried the installer twice, first in 1024 resolution and then in
800 resolution, and both times, the font size remained apparently the
same. But text did get cut off along some edges in the 800x600
resolution.

I have not tried just standard text mode yet. But low-vision folks
shouldn't have to sacrifice the beauty of the new installer. :-) We
just need to find a way to manage font size for the installer. Or is
there a way to do that currently, and I'm not aware?

--
---Bryen---