Re: [yast-devel] My first ycp dialog :)
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:43:28 +0100
On Saturday 22 December 2007 14:17, Stephan Kulow wrote:
I thought prototyping in ycp is easier than creating mockups in gimp,
so I coded http://ktown.kde.org/~coolo/yast7.png - but it looks weired
- suggestions are welcome ;)

What is it that you don't like?

It's (way!) too much fixed text to read for my taste, but if that is
intentional (and I guess it is), I wouldn't change too much.

BTW most of that text is stuff that would have gone to the help panel that we
now are getting rid of. This means that all users are now forced to read
through all that text every time, and they will learn to skip most on-screen
text that doesn't look clickable - just like in most web pages.

We are getting "webbish" -- beginning with the downsides of web apps...

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development