Re: [yast-devel] yast2-ncurses has a status line :)
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:24:48 +0100
Dne Wednesday 19 of December 2007 10:12:18 Katarina Machalkova napsal(a):
BTW: Is it possible to remove the help window on the left on user
behalf? Maybe pressing Fx toggles just the help window on the left,
regardless in which YaST module the user is.

This (mostly useless) help window always disturbed me in the ncurses
user interface since a Terminal has clearly less text space than a Qt
GUI. (No, I don't belong to the group of people that use fullscreen
terminals.)

I always wanted to remove the help window from ncurses UI since it only
uselessly takes too much space :) But 'We need help texts to be visible at
all times, poor user gets lost otherwise' people just shouted much louder
than those who'd like to have it visible only when user requests it.

On the other hand, now when we have the status line with "F1 - Help" where one
expects it, I think that we can move this forward.

Also the YaST survey showed that the amount of users who want help shown after
the F1 button is pushed is higher than the ones who want it always visible.

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain
YaST Team Leader
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o. e-mail: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Lihovarska 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 959
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz
< Previous Next >