Re: [yast-devel] yast2-ncurses has a status line :)
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:12:18 +0100
BTW: Is it possible to remove the help window on the left on user
behalf? Maybe pressing Fx toggles just the help window on the left,
regardless in which YaST module the user is.

This (mostly useless) help window always disturbed me in the ncurses
user interface since a Terminal has clearly less text space than a Qt
GUI. (No, I don't belong to the group of people that use fullscreen
terminals.)

I always wanted to remove the help window from ncurses UI since it only
uselessly takes too much space :) But 'We need help texts to be visible at
all times, poor user gets lost otherwise' people just shouted much louder
than those who'd like to have it visible only when user requests it.

See this (quite heated) discussion:
http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2007-06/msg00132.html

Anyway, to make it official, anyone willing to file a Bugzilla enhancement, or
FaTE request for me ? ;-)

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova