Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:21:32 +0100
On Monday 17 December 2007 10:05, Stephan Kulow wrote:
The widget is rather useless as it does not have any kind of
valus or properties and that is what I'm wondering: what would
be a good connection to ycp?

I assume I need to send events if the current selection changes
and I could accept a given selection from outside - e.g. from
a combo box below. I guess through a property?

The semantics or such a widget are similar to a selection widget (like combo
box or selection box), so it should have a "Value" property that can be
queried and set, and it should send a YSelectionChangedEvent if (and only
if) "notify" (`opt(`notify)) is set.

If you subclass it from YSelectionWidget (which I strongly recommend), you can
reuse a lot of infrastructure.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.