Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:43:05 +0100
Dňa Monday 17 December 2007 11:26:14 Stephan Kulow ste napísal:
Am Montag 17 Dezember 2007 schrieb Jiří Suchomel:
On po 17. prosince 2007, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 17 Dezember 2007 schrieb Jiří Suchomel:
But I would not like to throw away the current map at all, because I
assume ncurses timezone selection won't be affected and current
format with regions fits well there.

Sure, I don't have a problem in filtering out something I don't need. I
just have to have a way not to duplicate the information. So perhaps
you can come up with a compromise data structure that can be passed to
C++ without giving up the regions? E.g. Europe#Europe/Prague : _("Czech
Republic") - assuming you can split strings in ycp :)

But if it's easier to create a second map from that original map, it's
of course fine with me as well.

From YCP, it is easy to simplify the map to create a one in requested
format, so I'd prefer going this way.
Just define the desired input format and I'll prepare it for you :-)

That still leaves me without knowing how to put that map into C++

The map will be passed as a std::map or YCPMap (wrapper around std:map) to you
via all kinds of calls in yast2-core.

What's the API to YCP? UI::ChangeWidget() ?

Stano