Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:51:49 +0000
On 17/12/2007, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

I spent some time implementing a very rough first version of
a graphical timezone selector widget and commited it into
branches/tmp/coolo/zone.

Nice.

Slightly off-topic but could you check that it's easy to select cities
in Europe with it? The Kubuntu implementation of this makes it
difficult to select where you live if you don't live in the US. It
requires a lot of dexterity with the mouse to select a specific city
in more densely populated areas. The ubuntu version is better though
as it has more seamless zooming.

Also what about using a geo-ip service to find out where a user is
likely to be if connected to the internet and pre-zooming the map?
download.opensuse.org already knows this. I guess this might mean
exposing zoom level / area through YCP interface somehow.

--
Benjamin Weber