Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:40:05 +0100
Am Montag 17 Dezember 2007 schrieb Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett:
On Monday 17 December 2007 10:27:39 Jiří Suchomel wrote:
For a current time zone data used by YaST, see the file timezone_raw.ycp
(under /usr/share/YaST2/data or country/timezone/data in svn). It's a map
of regions, each with a submap of the time zone names.

Why is this data in ycp format instead on some data format that can be read
from ycp?.

I remember someone using our timezone data from non-YaST, they had to
implement a pseudo YCP parser to be able to read it :-(

Or asked differently: is it possible to pass this map as argument to a mod-ui
widget? I couldn't find any taking a list or a map.

If that's possible, I would change the widget to have a list of timezones
wanted. So I would only display what's in that map _and_ in zone.tab - but
a map with any won't work, a map<string,string> would.

Another problem not mentioned in the original mail: where to store the jpg
and how to find it? I don't think it should be in yast2-qt as other UIs should
share the jpg and it's really only interesting for yast2-country. So I put
a "map" filename argument to the widget, that the ycp code has to give.

Greetings, Stephan