Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:37:18 +0100
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
On Monday 17 December 2007 10:27:39 Jiří Suchomel wrote:
For a current time zone data used by YaST, see the file timezone_raw.ycp
(under /usr/share/YaST2/data or country/timezone/data in svn). It's a map
of regions, each with a submap of the time zone names.

Why is this data in ycp format instead on some data format that can be read
from ycp?.

To be simply-maintainable and to simply generate translations I guess. I
don't remember anyone using the data anywhere else. So as the data were
used only from YaST (I hadn't known they weren't) it was/is the easies way.

YaST developers usually don't implement something in the hardest way
they could imagine just to show how great hackers they are :) ;)

Lukas

< Previous Next >