Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:34:07 +0100
Am Montag 17 Dezember 2007 schrieb Martin Vidner:
On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 10:05:29AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
I spent some time implementing a very rough first version of
a graphical timezone selector widget and commited it into
branches/tmp/coolo/zone.

Hey, sounds cool. Do you have a screenshot?
It's too early for screenshots, really. Think of a map of a world, that's
the way the screenshot would look like :)

The only thing different is that there are little boxes on spots from
/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab

The widget is rather useless as it does not have any kind of
valus or properties and that is what I'm wondering: what would
be a good connection to ycp?

I assume I need to send events if the current selection changes
and I could accept a given selection from outside - e.g. from
a combo box below. I guess through a property?

I imagine a simple interface, with a single read-write property, `Value.
Its type is the string that appears in /etc/sysconfig/clock:TIMEZONE
(Europe/Prague in my case)
The widget sends events iff it has `opt(`notify) enabled.

Europe/Prague sounds perfect

Greetings, Stephan