Re: [yast-devel] Work report
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:11:22 +0100

Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag 30 November 2007 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
OK, I have it as far that I can install with a themed yast qt4 - I haven't
tried the package selector lately, this is Duncan's joy :)

What I wonder though: the installation creates two Wizard dialogs on top of
each other - basically creating a mess with transparent windows. Why is that?

One is there pretty early and the other one is created as soon as the license
is displayed (testing CD with ftp instsys, so not having media check).

There is a lot left for me to fix / implement, so I wonder if this is
something I need to take care of too (it wouldn't be too hard, but I expect
a bug somewhere else).

Installation works this way:

* Script installation.ycp creates Wizard with Steps on the left,
buttons, etc
* Other modules just use the created Wizard window

But Licenses are special case: Because of some bugs mentioned in the
code, License handler (YCP module) creates its own wizard on the top of
the already created one.

In my opinion, this is correct because every single module can call
Wizard::OpenNextBackDialog or anything similar if needed. UI should
expect such behavior.

Night
Lukas