Re: [yast-devel] Language::language (and maybe other variables / functions)
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:25:11 +0100
Jiří Suchomel wrote:
Hi hackers,
from version 2.16.3 is yast2-country splitted into 2 packages, the new one is
yast2-country-data, including language data files AND the module
Language.ycp. This means that all of you who want to use any function from
Language.ycp (especially the variable Language::language) can depend your
packages only on lightweighted module yast2-country-data (*) instead of
yast2-country.

Additionally, those who need to use only country.ycp or country_long.ycp
(without any other yast2-country API) could just remove their dependency on
yast2-country as these two files were moved to yast2.rpm, starting with
version 2.16.17.

Hi,

Thanks, I've already changed installation and packager to use
yast2-country-data instead of yast2-country.

Please, when moving some stuff from one package to another, don't forget
to adjust RPM dependencies (Requires, BuildRequires, Conflicts) in both
packages.

Example:
File "f" has been moved from package "A" (version "X") to package "B"
(version "Y").

Spec file for package "A":
if (A requires B) {
Requires: B >= Y
} else {
Conflicts: B < Y
}

if (Needed during build time) {
BuildRequires: B >= Y
}

Spec file for package "B":
if (B requires A) {
Requires: A >= X
} else {
Conflicts: A < X
}

if (Needed during build time) {
BuildRequires: A >= X
}

I hope the example is correct :) Anyway, you know what I mean if it isn't ;)

(*) There are 2 reasons for not putting Language,ycp + 52 data files directly
into yast2.rpm: 1) most users wouldn't need it there so it is not necessary
to make the package even bigger and 2) it is easier for me to maintain the
files when they are under one place (trunk/country) in SVN.

Even if the yast2-country-data will be probably installed in every
system (requested by packager, installation), it's worth having the data
separately.

Have a nice day
Bye
Lukas