Re: [yast-devel]
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:04:57 +0100

Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 02:50:14PM +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

Hi,

The idea is to create a new Pattern Selector in the Installation :) This
Pattern Selector (or rather Software/Task Selector) could replace and
unify more dialogs in one:

* Add new High-level Software/Task Selector that would solve software
selection from the user's view: I want to use Internet, Do some office
work, Graphics...

Then we should get rid of items called "Base System", "Enhanced
Base System", "KDE4 Base System", "X Window System", "Fonts" and
so on.

Did you mean those things called "Software Patterns" (!patents) :) ;)
No, we'll not get rid of them, of course.

That dialog is an _example_ what could we do, which way we could go. It
isn't the final look and it doesn't have the final content. I made that
dialog using data we had in ZYPP, that's all...

Bye
Lukas