Re: [yast-devel]
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:35:43 +0100
Am Freitag 07 Dezember 2007 schrieb Ricardo Cruz:
Sex, 2007-12-07 às 14:50 +0100, Lukas Ocilka escreveu:
Hi,

The idea is to create a new Pattern Selector in the Installation :) This
Pattern Selector (or rather Software/Task Selector) could replace and
unify more dialogs in one:

* Unify with Standard Pattern selector in detailed software selection
* Unify with Desktop Selection dialog (needs a face-lifting)
* Add new High-level Software/Task Selector that would solve software
selection from the user's view: I want to use Internet, Do some office
work, Graphics...
* ...

Yep, its a good idea, and your implementation looks great too. :)

yast-gtk doesn't do HTML tables, and I know that the Gnome-CD uses
yast-gtk, but I haven't tried the CD install myself. Does it feature the
pattern selector? If yes, what would the fallback be?

No, GNOME-CD uses yast-qt too for installation.

Greetings, Stephan