Re: [yast-devel] New YCP module: Icon
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:00:30 +0100
On Tuesday 04 December 2007 19:59, Ricardo Cruz wrote:
 I would rather you guys let the UI-bridge provide the icons as we are
in a better position to honor user's settings. Besides, we might want
yast-ncurses to do a colored frames, or do some vertical Warning label
or something...

I agree: This kind of thing should rather be in the UI level.
Yet, since we have that centralized YCP module, I don't see that as very
critical.

 So, why not adding some `warn, `error, `info to UI::OpenDialog()? It
would also make it nicer for YCP writers.
 Btw, checkout `warnColor and `errorColor on yast-gtk. It will use your
style icon there.

`opt(`warnColor) should be used _very_ sparingly; so far, we only used it for
very critical situations that warrant some extra attention (with "screaming"
colors).

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.