Re: [yast-devel] RPM Dependencies in General (...and How to Fix Them)
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:53:36 +0100
Stanislav Visnovsky napsal(a):
But new yast2-core needs to rebuild everything. Well, maybe not
always... It depends.

That's why I wanted you to tell me your opinions :)

So, it's no-no then ;-)

I suggest to put the version dependency everytime yast2-core changes the
binary format - this happens like once in 2 openSUSE releases.

Anyway, new yast2-core.rpm is requested only by yast2.rpm, other YaST
RPMs stay binary-incompatible.

How to solve that? Change RPM dependencies in *all* packages? Can't we
do that somehow automatically?

For instance:
yast2-core: Provides: YaST_Bytecode_1_4_4
(And change it in case of binary-incompatibility)

For other YaST RPMS:
yast2-firewall: Requires: $current_Bytecode (written during build)

L.

< Previous Next >