[yast-devel] Re: Redesign of YaST Control Center
  • From: Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:00:06 +0100
Thanks for that many postings (>150!!) and the discussion with valuable
ideas.

I will collect these proposals from your mails and will add them to the
wiki page. Please add your future ideas directly to the wiki page, as I
don't want them to get dusty in the list archives.

There was a little bit confusion about the concern of my original
posting. Please apologize my unclear wording. The issue was about
organizing the modules based on the problems faced with having a lot of
yast modules.

The term "Radical Redesign" meant that we not just want to rearrange the
modules in new sections or to hide modules within the sections but to
find a radical _new way to organize_ a vast amount of modules.

Please refer to the mentioned wiki page to further clarify the purpose
of this thread as it already contains notes from previous discussions
and some ideas as a pointer.

Looking forward to your contribution at:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/New_Control_Center

Thanks
Thomas

---