[yast-devel] Wt and Yast
  • From: "Wim Dumon" <wdumon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:49:05 +0100
Hello Duncan and others,

We, the developers of Wt, are a bit surprised to see your efforts on
integrating Wt with Yast causes crashes and other problems (we
followed your progress on the yast mailing list and the comments on
your blog). Normally, Wt runs uber-stable (e.g. on our public site)
and we want to keep it that way, so we're very eager to know what
exactly caused the crashes so that we can catch and fix the bugs. We
picked up something about Wt's thread model being incompatible with
Yasts use of threads. Therefore, we have patched Wt so that you can
disable all use of threads completely (in our CVS version).

Could you provide us with some insights about your architecture and
how you integrate Wt? We may be able to help you out so that Wt and
Yast become good friends (e.g. by implementing something similar to
QSocketNotifier?)

Thank you,
Wim Dumon.