[yast-devel] Re: ...YaST2 SSHD Module - Call for help/volunteers
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:29:25 +0100
Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Robison, Jonathon (M.) napsal(a):
Although you may be correct in that it needs polish, don't forget that this
is a great step forward in getting CLI config tasks into YaST. Every
marathon starts with the first step.

Now if I could just get wpa_supplicant configuration into YaST . . .
See (and modify) http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_SSHD_Server/Enhancements_WIP

I've filed some real enhancement request at this
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_SSHD_Server/Enhancements_WIP wiki page.

The current YaST SSHD screenshots can be found here
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_SSHD_Server

Some of enhancements are quite easy to do even if you don't known any
programming language, what they actually need is just to think about the
current wording and propose a better-understandable one.

Hi,

On Friday evening, I've changed the UI layout of YaST SSHD Configuration
Module to use tabs instead of [Back]/[Next] Wizard. Tabs are more
intuitive and match the user's needs and expectations better.

The current screen~shots can be found here:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_SSHD_Server
You'll be able to download the new yast2-sshd package from FACTORY soon.

Anyway, the "call for help" still remains :) There are several places
that need to be polished, fixed:

* Helps (they are some, but they're not helpful at all)
* Check-boxes could have some better labels (more understandable)
* "Supported Ciphers" feature doesn't work.
* And some more ... ;)

Anybody interested, please :)?

Thx && Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, YaST Developer (xn--luk-gla45d)
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o., Lihovarska 1060/12, Praha 9, Czech Republic

  • No further messages