[yast-devel] YaST2 and Disk order
  • From: "Günther J. Niederwimmer" <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:55:51 +0100
Hello,

Know you that YaST2 change the Order of disk's anytime ?

The Problem that I found, is with three disks and 17 Partitions on my Test
System ?

YaST2 have on install time, a different order for the Disks then in installed
time ?

One Problem

YaST2 find on install time the swap partition on disk /dev/sdcX, after
installing the swap partition is on /dev/sdbX, also when I config "/home"
on /dev/sdcX later it is on /dev/sdbX :(.

The grub menu.lst is also broken after installation :(

A other Problem is, why find YaST2 a different Order of disk's (?), as ubuntu
or fedora ?

When i make a test installation with "ubuntu" or "fedora", i have the same
disk order in both installation ?

With SUSE I have a different disk order, and nothing is booting "normal" :(
.
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards

Günther J. Niederwimmer