Re: [yast-devel] SCR usage statistics.
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:37:44 +0100
* Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx> [Nov 16. 2007 11:07]:

This is something which we already tried with LiMaL. The actual result is
that
we have two "standard" ways to access system.

Not quite. SCR - with its agents - is covering different instrumentation
aspects than LiMaL. And LiMaL, being a 'collection of convenience
libraries' exists with libsax, libbootloader, libstorage, libzypp, ...
Whats desperately missing is a common model and API consistency.

If we decide for any new approach, we should decide for an existing standard.
With the requirement for code reuse, CIM seems to me to be the way to go
provided we get reasonably over the coding overhead.

Fully agreed. Esp. in the areas of modeling and API consistency, CIM
has everything we need. And I'm talking about the CIM model and CIM
object orientation here, not(!) about coding against CIM(OM) client libs.

Klaus
---