Re: [yast-devel] openSUSE 11.0 - Splitting YaST packages - Call for help
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:47:09 +0100
Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Ruediger Oertel napsal(a):
at the moment this looks pretty nice, I don't have any cycle in
the yast2 area in recent distributions, only in 10.1 and SLES10.
But I'll be happy if we can keep it that way in STABLE.

STABLE,10.3,10.2: clean

Well, there are some build cycles :(

source # grep -r "#\!BuildIgnore" */*.spec.in
bootloader/yast2-bootloader.spec.in:#!BuildIgnore: autoyast2-installation
schema/yast2-schema.spec.in:#!BuildIgnore: yast2-build-test
yast2-online-update
schema/yast2-schema.spec.in:#!BuildIgnore: tomcat5
update/yast2-update.spec.in:#!BuildIgnore: autoyast2-installation

We should focus on these (if they are still valid).

Finally, we have achieved some successes in this area. Several packages
have been fixed by moving some shared stuff (often global variables) to
another modules (often yast2.rpm).

This wiki page shows some achievements in their graphic representation:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Minimizing_YaST_Cross-Dependencies
Thanks a lot to developers that let me modify their source code without
yelling at me :) ;)

I've written several scripts that helped me a lot to identify the
dependencies across YaST modules.

1.) check_deps script (newly added into yast2-devtools).
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Devtools/check_deps
2.) gen_graph_deps script for generating graphical representation of
YaST RPM dependencies (not available yet but output has been used
for presenting those achievements).
3.) gen_module_deps script for checking which YCP or Perl (YaST) module
is used by which YaST RPM (not available yet)

... and some extensions :)

I hope this helps in minimizing the Build-dependencies and to make
minimal-system even smaller :)

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, YaST Developer (xn--luk-gla45d)
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o., Lihovarska 1060/12, Praha 9, Czech Republic