Re: [yast-devel] Language::language (and maybe other variables / functions)
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:55:31 +0100
Hi!

These modules use Language YCP module:
add-on autoinstallation firstboot installation metapackage
network packager

I'm one half of y2-network team, so I'll speak on yast2-network package only.
The only place where any language-related function is of any use are DSL or
Modem modules respectively, where (according to your locale) YaST tries to
propose suitable ISP to you.

Thus, in y2-network:
* /usr/share/YaST/data/country.ycp file is read (maps country codes to country
names)
* GetLanguageCountry() function is called (maps locale to country code e.g.
cs_CZ.UTF-8 -> CZ)

The same basically holds true for yast2-ntp-client, which also depends on
yast2-country, only in order to propose suitable set of public NTP servers
based on current locale. It reads country.ycp file as well, moreover, it
duplicates much GetLanguageCountry code within itself ;-)

I'm writing to the yast-devel mailing-list first before asking
yast2-country maintainer to move Language::language (or more) somewhere
else because I want to know where you think it is a good idea, whether
it would help your modules at all ;)

Definitely, it's a good idea. Moreover, the above mentioned function and
country.ycp data file are another suitable candidates for the move (killing
two birds with one stone - breaking y2-network and y2-ntp-client's dependency
on y2-country)

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova