Re: [yast-devel] Bugfix vs. ongoing development
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:36:55 +0100
Hi guys!

If you don't want/need to follow the development in one branch then
you can use use e.g. the devel package, or leave your local copy at a
certain revision.

Thanks a bunch for advice, it's just some sort of pavlovian conditioning to
always check out trunk. Checking out an older revision that compiles
painlessly is a sufficient workaround for me.

Another solution would be to separate pkg management part from UI library.
That is partially done, but in ncurses, some files not being used elsewhere
than in the packager still dwell outside pkg/ subdir. Frankly, I did not
investigate further why it is so :)

Things might be easyer if - instead of checkig out a certain SVN revision
- one could simply order the -devel package based on revision "XYZ".

Sort of internal -devel package build service, shiping the packages
including header files and libs (incl. the *.so.*), prepared to be
installed in /usr/local.

get-devel-pkg libzypp [-r7623]

Cool thing :) I wonder how many people would appreciate and frequently use
something like that.

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova