Re: [yast-devel] openSUSE 11.0 - Splitting YaST packages - Call for help
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:43:39 +0100
On Monday 29 October 2007 12:20:54 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Oct 29. 2007 11:30]:
On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 11:21:04AM +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
What should we achieve?
* Less dependencies
* No more cyclic issues

OK. What are the offending dependencies? Do we have a list somewhere
(in autobuild?) that we can pull out to the light?

'repotools' in zypp svn have a way to create .dot (for graphiz) files
visualizing the dependencies.

repotools is in really bad state and did not work for me last time I tried to
graph something. I have a ton of changes (includinga cmd line client, and
others) in my local repo, but I am demotivated to work more on it until I
have time to create testcases for all the code.

I would recommend using YaST to create a solver testcase of installing yast,
and use schubi's solver widget in the testcase

Duncan