Mailinglist Archive: uyuni-announce (2 mails)

< Previous Next >
[uyuni-announce] Uyuni 4.0.2 is released!
Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of Uyuni 4.0.2, our third
Uyuni release!

At https://www.uyuni-project.org/pages/stable-version.html you will find all
the resources you need to start working with Uyuni 4.0.2, including the release
notes, documentation, requirements and setup instructions.

=====================================
IMPORTANT: If you are migrating from 4.0.1 check the release notes [1], as a
special procedure is needed for the server!
=====================================

This is the list of highlights for this release:

- Base system upgrade to openSUSE Leap 15.1
- Salt 2019.2.0
- Prometheus Monitoring
- Content lifecycle management
- Virtualization management for Salt minions
- Updated Documentation Structure
- Improved logging for Salt Remote Command Page
- Support for more Distributions as Clients
- EoL for openSUSE Leap 42.3 clients
- Salt Rate Limiting (Batching)
- Product Information Loaded from SCC
- Image build host with SLES 12 SP4
- Updated backend for communicating with SCC
- XMLRPC API changes
- Support for Ubuntu Clients
- Change behavior on token refresh
- New option to force regeneration of channel metadata
- New products supported
- Package download endpoint override
- Technical preview: Single Sign-On (SSO)

Please check the release notes for full details.

Remember that Uyuni follows a rolling release planning, so there will be no
maintenance of 4.0.2, but a new version with bugfixes and most probably new
features.

We hope you will enjoy Uyuni 4.0.2 and invite everyone of you to send us your
feedback [1] and of course your patches, if you can contribute.

Happy hacking!

[1] https://www.uyuni-project.org/doc/4.0.2/release-notes-uyuni-server.html
[2] https://www.uyuni-project.org/pages/contact.html

--
Julio González Gil
Release Engineer, SUSE Manager and Uyuni