Re: [radeonhd] Repository with current DRM setup code
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:22:07 +0200
On May 02, 08 16:29:42 +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
For those interested, I'm currently working on bringing DRI support to
radeonhd. I've just pushed my current working repository to

git://people.freedesktop.org/~mhopf/radeonhd

Success!

DRI is now working on RS690, have been playing torcs yesterday evening
:-))) Performance is actually pretty decent.

There is still a number of issues remaining, the first three being major
showstoppers, so it will keep sitting in my private repro ATM:

- Not working with acceleration yet.
- Registers not saved/restored, to be done for Save/Restore to work.
- Extreme ugliness of code.
- Cleanup isn't correct yet.
- Memory map changes aren't reflected in the driver yet. This is important.
- Untested on other GPUs, but should(!) work fine on all r5xx with latest Mesa.
- Watermarks seem to be set wrong, display glitches when 3D is rendering.
- MoveWindow not implemented. Considered unnecessary by me due to OpenGL specs.
- Page Flipping not implemented yet.

CU and happy playing