Re: [radeonhd] randr PreferredResolution in xorg.conf not working
  • From: Luc Verhaegen <libv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:39:15 +0100
On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:30:49PM +0100, Sebastian Brocks wrote:
Luc Verhaegen schrieb:
Ah, yes, unknown ???macro control values.

Please send ???me a copy of your BIOS, so i can correct this.

Sure.

Hi Sebastian,

Matthias encountered a similar issue with an Rv530 which programmed the
same value to the macro control register. One of his monitors is quite
picky and regularly lost sync at its preferred resolution.

We fixed the issue by altering this macro control register, and i have
pushed up the same change for your card.

Please test and verify that this issue is now fixed.

Thanks,
Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer, Night shift.