Re: [radeonhd] The X1950 GT Card has not been recognized
  • From: Luc Verhaegen <libv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:13:32 +0100
On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:48:50PM +0300, Vsevolod Novikov wrote:
Hi Luc,

So this DVI connector, has DACA there, it has DDC0 there, and the
hardware expect HPD1 to be there.

The DVI connecor is NOT used at all. The monitor is connected to the VGA
connector. The DVI connector on the board is empty, there is no any cable or
loopback connected to it.

Can you verify that the connector is attached correctly?

It looks like the software doesn't recognize VGA connector, or
recognizes it wrong.

Regards,
Vsevolod

So this card has one DVI-I connector and one VGA connector?

Really?

Are you really attaching your VGA cable straight to the card, no DVI-VGA
adapter in between?

Really?

An X1950?

Yikes :) I would personally go to the shops and demand a proper X1950
then :)

Hrm, ebay immediately digs me up a card with one DVI-I and one VGA.
That's horrid. Xpert Vision apparently:
http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a237118.html
140EUR, what a rip-off. Nevermind what the card will deliver in 3d.

But then, this does fully explain your problem.

Please confirm this, then i can reliably fix it.

Although, you also do not seem to have any pci subsystem ids. How broken
is this card! Never buy from this boardmaker again :)

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.