Re: [radeonhd] statusreport ASUS pundit2 AM2-690G (RS690)
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:54:52 +0100
Denise H. G. writes:

Hi

I've got an RS690 chip with pci id 0x791E. It is onboard vga shipped
with Asus M2A-VM motherboard. By using radeonhd driver I also got VSync
problems. And I found that for RS690 we should not write ZERO to the
register D1CRTC_V_SYNC_A, otherwise the screen will blank off on VT
switching. We can safely write non-zero Values to D1CRTC_V_SYNC_A but
never ZERO. Anyway, this works for my chip. I don't know if will apply
to yours.

Writing 0 to D1CRTC_V_SYNC_A is certainly wrong. It will most likely
lead to the behavior you are seeing.
You said you are seeing a blank screen on restore -
Did you find out when this is written? Did this happen during restore?