Re: [radeonhd] RadeonHD not working on Sapphire HD2400pro AGP card
  • From: Ruud <ruud3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:04:15 +0100

Luc,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have learned some more things in the meantime:
- for whatever reason my new HD2400pro card and my main monitor
(Philips 109P4) don't get along in the sense that there is no EDID info
- The same monitor on the same PC does produce EDID using an old Matrox
card and also worked fine on previous ATI-X1300 (RV350?) card

Moved the new HD2400 card to another PC+monitor (17" philips) and
there is EDID info AND the radeonHD driver produced a clear picture!
Encouraged by this I moved the 109P4 monitor to that setup and low
and behold I got a picture as well, however, the monitor setting section
on the other PC had much more limited horiz/vertical refresh settings.

So it appears that
1) my new HD2400pro card and Philips 109P4 don't like eachother
2) the radeonHD driver got the (PLL?) timings wrong when EDID wasn't
available and using the specified ranges in the xorg.conf file.

Now I know how to get at least a picture on the not_working_very_well
combo (albeit 1024x768@60 Hz or so) I'll try do some more investigation
and keep trying the latest versions of the driver.

Regards,
Ruud

PS I do have an excuse now to buy myself a nice new 20" LCD screen :-)