Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:55:41 +0100
On Nov 27, 07 11:37:29 +0100, Michael Gaber wrote:
and if i connect the second one before starting X i get whiteouts if i
try to restart X without the second monitor attached or switching to
console.
This sounds weired. If it's framebuffer startadress based, Egbert has
fixed that one in latest git as well.

There's one change, that could influence behavior in exactly that point
(git commit 669df5ec). Though I'm unsure.

seems like it wasn't, bug's still there but i noticed it's not simply
fading to white but white with colored vertical lines

So apparently something fails during restore.

also i notice that there is no display-size 0x0mm in the randr output
and no preferred mode of my lcd but also no lower-res modes
That was a side effect of the bug mentioned above :o]
still the same

Right, your panel doesn't have an EDID block. No code for that yet.