Re: [radeonhd] ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT Works
  • From: Björn Schlögl <mastamind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:26:30 +0100
Hi!
Can you explain the issue you are seeing? Our driver selects the right
mode, so this cannot be it.
The problem is, that I only get a big white screen and not the standard
black-white pattern. If I start xclock on that display, the display is still
only white. xclock is not displayed.
xclock prints this:
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":1.0"
after 241 requests (107 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
Using the same xorg server but a different driver (for a different graphics
card), everything works.
You said, that my xorg version is ancient, but Tobias Hauth (other poster in
this thread) has an even more ancient version. Should I downgrade to that
version?
Sorry for being so eager to get my card to work, but I currently use a very
old pci matrox card which only has 8 mb of video ram :-)
Of course I will help you to write code for the driver, if you tell me where
to tweak which lines of the source. I tried to read the AMD specifications
but I am not familiar with graphics card programming.

Björn