Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Michael Gaber <Michael.Gaber@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:37:29 +0100

Matthias Hopf schrieb:
On Nov 23, 07 23:08:41 +0100, Michael Gaber wrote:
ok curreent git works.
but still: randr wont enable the second monitor if i started X without
it connected.

There was a major bug lurking in the base Randr code. I have added a
workaround in current git, which could result in the described behavior.

and if i connect the second one before starting X i get whiteouts if i
try to restart X without the second monitor attached or switching to
console.

This sounds weired. If it's framebuffer startadress based, Egbert has
fixed that one in latest git as well.

seems like it wasn't, bug's still there but i noticed it's not simply
fading to white but white with colored vertical lines

also i notice that there is no display-size 0x0mm in the randr output
and no preferred mode of my lcd but also no lower-res modes

That was a side effect of the bug mentioned above :o]

still the same

CU