[radeonhd] X1400 and xrandr

Hi- I'm using the latest xrandr and radeonhd gits and I can't seem to get multiple monitors to work how I'd like. I can enable my external monitor only as a clone of the primary one- when I try to set it as a display to the left or right, X crashes. I have a Thinkpad T60 with a Mobility X1400 and run ubuntu gutsy (so it might be a problem with the xserver- it's not the current version.) Is this something that should be working and I'm not finagling it right, or do you guys want some logs?

--
Timothy Reilly