Re: [radeonhd] White Screen Problem fixed.
  • From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:07:56 +0100
Hi Egbert,

Egbert Eich wrote:
On Saturday and yesterday I pushed some code that should
fix the PCI aperture problem.
People had reported that they were getting a white screen
on some cards with more than 512 MB of VRAM.
This was due to the fact that the scanout buffer was
pointing the the lower portion of the framebuffer while
the address translation was set up for the upper portion.

This is fixed now for R6xx and should also be fixed for
R5xx including RV515.
RS690 isn't handled yet as I didn't have a chance to test
it. This will hopefully happen later today.

Please test and report success and regressions ;)

I cannot tell if it is related, but somewhere between 24.11.2007 06:49
CET and now, something broke my driver: starting it locks up the
keyboard before even switching video mode. The only thing I can do is
hit the power button, and wait for the machine to halt.

This is on NetBSD-current with modular-xorg-server-1.3.0.0nb1. I can
certainly collect more data if you need.

khorben