Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:33:37 +0100
On Nov 23, 07 23:08:41 +0100, Michael Gaber wrote:
ok curreent git works.
but still: randr wont enable the second monitor if i started X without
it connected.

There was a major bug lurking in the base Randr code. I have added a
workaround in current git, which could result in the described behavior.

and if i connect the second one before starting X i get whiteouts if i
try to restart X without the second monitor attached or switching to
console.

This sounds weired. If it's framebuffer startadress based, Egbert has
fixed that one in latest git as well.

also i notice that there is no display-size 0x0mm in the randr output
and no preferred mode of my lcd but also no lower-res modes

That was a side effect of the bug mentioned above :o]

CU