RE: [radeonhd] Will the X1200 be supported?
  • From: "Bridgman, John" <John.Bridgman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:10:09 -0500
That mates with what I have been reading. What are the actual
differences between these chips? I have had trouble tracking this down
outside of what people have been posting on Wikipedia and a gaggle of
conflicting articles on the subject.

I looked at amd.com and it seems we don't use the X12xx names either --
it's just called the 690 (desktop) or 690M (laptop). I guess that's why
the device Ids were allocated the way they were.

690V does not have DVI/HDMI out (presumably no TDMS, in other words). I
think the "C" suffix means the same thing but not 100% sure.

690 is the standard part

690T adds sideport memory (ie local frame buffer) or DVO. I say "or"
because some pins are shared.

JB