Re: [radeonhd] Will the X1200 be supported?
  • From: "Ahmad Yasser" <ahmad.xcoder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:13:36 +0200
On Nov 20, 2007 8:37 PM, Coleman Kane <cokane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bridgman, John wrote:
Feel free to email me if you're having trouble getting your X1200 to

work. I've got an X1270 which is pretty similar. For giggles, can you
send me the output of "lspci -n" on that system, I am curious what the
PCI ID is for your IGP.

The problem here is that we have three different variants but it looks
like we only used two PCI device Ids, so it's pretty much impossible for
the driver to put the right name to each chip. In Windows the correct
device name is stored in an INF string in the driver builds we make
specifically for a customer, so the correct device name is always
reported. Generic drivers have an INF string like "X1200 family".

The Ids we used are 791E and 791F. The intent was that 791E be desktop
and 791F be mobile, but when the "T" variant was introduced it used the
same 791F device ID.

In theory the naming should be :

X1270 - 690T
X1250 - 690 / 690M
X1200 - 690C / 690MC (these are also called "...V" in some cases)...

... but the device Ids were not assigned along those lines. Now that
OEMs are starting to ship preconfigured Linux systems these issues will
go away over time. In the meantime a generic 12xx string might not be
the worst answer.

JB

That mates with what I have been reading. What are the actual
differences between these chips? I have had trouble tracking this down
outside of what people have been posting on Wikipedia and a gaggle of
conflicting articles on the subject.

--
Coleman Kane

lspci -n:

[ahmad@ahmad ~]$ lspci -n
00:00.0 0600: 1002:7910
00:01.0 0604: 1002:7912
00:07.0 0604: 1002:7917
00:12.0 0106: 1002:4380
00:13.0 0c03: 1002:4387
00:13.1 0c03: 1002:4388
00:13.2 0c03: 1002:4389
00:13.3 0c03: 1002:438a
00:13.4 0c03: 1002:438b
00:13.5 0c03: 1002:4386
00:14.0 0c05: 1002:4385 (rev 14)
00:14.1 0101: 1002:438c
00:14.2 0403: 1002:4383
00:14.3 0601: 1002:438d
00:14.4 0604: 1002:4384
00:18.0 0600: 1022:1100
00:18.1 0600: 1022:1101
00:18.2 0600: 1022:1102
00:18.3 0600: 1022:1103
01:05.0 0300: 1002:791e
02:00.0 0200: 10ec:8136 (rev 01)
03:03.0 0200: 10ec:8139 (rev 10)

Let me know if you want me to try out radeonhd or if you need the
contest output.