Re: [radeonhd] Re: Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:41:28 +0100
On Nov 19, 07 21:33:28 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I was happy today to give my class using a Free Software driver.
So to the extent that I was able to do it, the RandR is working.
But the initial-randr branch seems to have more trouble switching
consoles, and (more problematically) "xrandr --auto" after
adding/removing a monitor causes the screens to go black. Is that
a known limitation, or should I investigate some more?

Which version are you using? The first few releases had a few issues,
most of them should be gone now. If not, it would be great if you could
dig into that.